1.7 Adjectives: Gender & Number
The form of the adjective (the ending) matches the noun in gender and number.
1. Adjectives that end in –o in the masculine form normally end in –a in the feminine form.
2. *Mayor/ menor (bigger/ smaller), mejor/ peor (better/ worse), & superior/ inferior are invariable in gender (they don’t change form).
3. Many nationalities end in –a in the feminine form.
If the noun is plural, the adjective must be as well. To make adjectives plural:
1. If it ends in a vowel, add an –s
2. If it ends in a consonant, add –es
3. If it ends in a –z, the –z changes to –c