1.6 Indefinite Articles
Activate [SUBTITLES] in English
The indefinite article is used to talk about a non-specific person or thing.
The singular form translates as "a" and the plural form translates as "some".
How to use them
1. The indefinite article goes before the noun.
2. It agrees with the noun in gender and number.
When to use them
The indefinite article is used:
1. When the identity of the person or thing you are talking about is not known or specified
2. Afer the veb "hay"
3. In the plural form to show (a.) an inexact quantity (“algunos”) or (b.) an estimate (“más o menos”)
The indefinite article is not used:
1. To say your profession after "ser" (unless there is an adjective)
2. Before the words "otro" and "medio"
Open Summary & Exercises (PDF)